Meta Manager is a cost effective solution for metadata management for both structured and unstructured data. It supports exposing metadata contained within relational database management systems by mapping metadata attributes to a metadata standard. For unstructured data, Meta Manager will crawl directory systems, detect files (all files supported), and automatically extract the metadata for search and discovery. The tool also provides the ability to manually enter metadata.
Meta Manager Version 5.0 provides data providers with the ability to quickly and easily expose their data holdings and data assets via Web-based interfaces. The Web service has been implemented using the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standard, Catalog Service for the Web (CSW). It is a metadata management solution that provides a complete solution for creating and defining new and/or mapping existing geospatial metadata definitions and geospatial datasets according to national and international standards. These standards include ISO 19115, North American Profile (NAP), Department of Defense Metadata Standard (DDMS) and Dublin Core. If a new or modified existing standard is required, these can be easily added.
Click on image to enlarge.
- A low cost yet powerful solution for mapping and indexing data assets within an organization.
- Can be configured as a service registry for maintaining metadata about service end-points that access the data assets.
- Meta Manager is intuitive, easy to install and easy to use.
- Easily integrates with existing relational databases such as Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server and Access, without requiring modifications to the originating data structures.
- Provides data administrators with the ability to expose the relational database content using one or more of the standard metadata specifications included within the application. This is accomplished by mapping the database columns to the metadata elements. Attributes in the database can be translated and augmented as necessary.
- Provides data administrators with the ability to fill in gaps in the database for the metadata standard. For example, contact information may be entered once and is then retrieved along with each metadata record in the database.
- Enhanced SQL syntax checking and verification.
- Includes a metadata harvesting facility for performing automated metadata population from unstructured data (KML, MrSID, GeoTIF, PDF, SHP, Microsoft documents (Word/PowerPoint/Excel), PNG, GIF, BMP, TIF, JPG, JPE, JPEG, JFIF, etc.) distributed throughout the organization's file systems.
- Meta Manager will keyword index all files that are harvested by the Meta Manager harvester.
- The Meta Manager administrative client is installed on the data administrator's desktop, provides all functions for the management of the metadata included within the system. It also has modules for browsing and updating metadata.
- Meta Manager also has a Web-based JSP form for searching and discovering metadata contained within the system. These JSP pages may be modified by an administrator to suit an organization's discovery needs and look-and-feel requirements.
- Meta Manager generates file transfer options so that files and assets can be downloaded by users once discovered in the system.
- Style sheets are included with the system to style metadata result sets according to the metadata standard. These can also be modified by administrators.
- The Meta Manager server is built upon the OGC-CSW specification. Consequently, other clearing houses can search your data holdings "out-of-the-box".
- The Meta Manager server is a high performance server that will respond to queries instantly.
- Meta Manager is OGC-compliant and certified.